While the Diploma of Classical Yoga and the Diploma of Stillness Meditation are our major recognised teaching qualifications for Yoga and Meditation respectively, we also conduct the courses shown below.
This is a one-year teacher training program focusing on delivering Asana to others, in the context of a thorough, though basic, understanding of anatomy and physiology applied to movement within asana. It is available to
- Current yoga teachers who do not have training in the anatomy and physiology of asana, and wish to fill that gap
- Students who have completed the Certificate of Classical Yoga and wish to convert to the full Yoga teachers Diploma
This is a one year course to suit many sorts of trainees:
- Persons who wish to teach the wisdom teachings of Yoga, but have no wish to engage in the stretching and bending aspects of Yoga. In this case, “asana” refers to your meditation position
- Persons who are Yoga teachers already, but have missed out on the deeper aspects of meditation and Yoga philosophy and wish to fill that gap
- Persons with yoga teacher training qualifications who wish to enter our Masters’ level program
- Persons who wish to do the Diploma course but at present do not have enough experience in Asana to qualify. In that case you would do the Certificate course followed by the Certificate in Asana and Anatomy, thus completing the equivalent of the Diploma course over 2 years instead of 1
The Certificate course entails thorough training in the Yoga sutras and Meditation.
A further year of study achieved on a points system, for those who have completed the Diploma of Classical Yoga. The year entails deeper study, in the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and selected Upanisads, and in asana and anatomy. The course also includes other practical experiences in Yoga, eg supervision in setting up meditation groups, teaching pranayama, and ashram experience, to name a few. The Postgraduate Diploma is a prerequisite for the Masters’ Level program.
The Masters program entails 2 years of comparative study in Yogic texts – the student will be able to discuss differing commentaries on the Yoga Sutras, and compare different streams of Yoga philosophy, eg Shaivite Yoga and Vedanta. Anatomy and Physiology will be studied at and advanced level. The graduate will be capable of leading teacher training.
Training for licence to train Yoga teachers under ACCY name and reputation. Support and Training materials supplied by ACCY, your students get ACCY certification.
Shaivism is the great Yoga of Oneness, the path to Self-realisation and the tradition from which this school has arisen. Shiva consciousness means recognising the SELF as Consciousness.
This course enables you to be a fascilitator of the ACCY Enquiry Process, and to be able to run your own groups. You will learn the methods, processes and issues in Self Enquiry.