Just as each person is different in a normal yoga class, so is each pregnancy different. With this workshop you will increase your knowledge and gain confidence in teaching yoga to pregnant students, whether in a specialised antenatal class or a general yoga class.
This workshop is suitable for yoga teachers and teacher trainees who want to be able to safely cater to pregnant women in their Yoga room.
In this workshop we cover:
- Some of the physiology of pregnancy, and how this relates to asana.
- How to safely adapt poses for all stages of pregnancy.
- Which poses to avoid during pregnancy and why.
- Some common discomforts of pregnancy and how to modify the classroom to suit these particular needs.
- Benefits of prenatal yoga for the practitioner.
Comprehensive notes and practical components are included.
Contact ACCY for bookings or further details.
This workshop is for Yoga Teachers and Yoga Teacher Trainees
This workshop carries 5 Continuing Professional Development points for Yoga Teachers