Yoga for Seniors workshop for Yoga Teachers & Trainees
Seniors have unique health challenges. Our job as yoga teachers is to give them access to an appropriate level of yoga to keep them as mobile as possible without adding strain, and to help them address these challenges in a fun and helpful way.
In this workshop we will look at:
• Appropriate modification options for poses and sequences to keep bones strong (without falling!) and muscles and joints as healthy as possible
• Keeping range of movement without adding strain
• The use of props such as blocks, bolsters, chairs and straps
• Dealing with common problems such as:
• Arthritis and osteoarthritis
• High Blood Pressure
• Heart conditions
• Restorative yoga
• The importance of meditation and the other limbs
• And having some fun!
Many traditional classes require a level of flexibility that many seniors simply do not have anymore. These classes also fail to create a structure and flow that is beneficial to seniors, causing more harm than good in the long run. You will come away from this workshop with the knowledge and a toolkit of techniques to create fun and accessible yoga classes for baby boomers and beyond.
Contact ACCY for bookings or further details.
Prerequisites: This workshop is for Yoga Teachers and Yoga Teacher Training trainees.
Principal Teacher: Sarasvati Sally Dawson
Date: Saturday 31st of October, 2020
Time: 10:00am - 4:30pm
This course earns 5.5 YA Continuing Professional Development points for Yoga Teachers.